Saturday 4 June 2011

How much does it cost to legally change your middle name in MD?

I%26#039;m trying to change my middle name before I graduate next year...I%26#039;m 17. I live in Maryland and how much would it cost to change it? And where do I go?|||You would need parental consent since you have not yet reached the age of majority in Maryland (18) and the cost is around $100. http://www.peoples-law.org/name_change/6鈥?/a>


-----------


Name change actions can take anywhere from a month to six (6) months (sometimes even longer). The time it takes for such action to be ordered/decreed varies not only from county to county, but sometimes from courthouse to courthouse as well. Should time be a major factor for you, to see how long a name change at your local courthouse will take to process, you should contact the courthouse where you anticipate filing your particular legal action and ask.|||Just follow the six steps for Maryland name changes in the following link:


http://www.peoples-law.org/name_change/6鈥?/a>


Good luck.