Saturday 4 June 2011

How can i change my major from medical technology to nursing?

ok well im still a high school student and i did a application for york college and so i put my major as Medical technology thinking it was related to nursing so now i want to change it|||I%26#039;d probably call them and tell them you submitted an application for the college and put down the wrong major (thinking it was nursing.) They may be able to change that for you, offer you advice, or what have you.





Or else, I%26#039;d change it upon acceptance. Many times there are often certain courses you must take before you can even get officially accepted into a nursing program anyway. So, during your first and second years you are mainly just taking general nursing pre-reqs anyway (a%26amp;p I, english comp, biology, socioIogy, psychology, etc). I am sure you will be able to change your major rather easily once accepted to the college. I know many people who have been through a few majors before settling on one. You will almost likely have to meet with an advisor before the semester. Let them know that you want to do nursing and they can set you up with the classes you need and change of major form.





Most likely if you call them, they will probably tell you that you can change the major when you get there (how I explained in the above paragraph.) But, they might also have additional info for you about the program. Sometimes nursing majors have a special app, so that is why I would at least call first.