Saturday 4 June 2011

How easy is it to change your major right after admission?

I recently applied to University of California Irvine, and I put Literary Journalism as my major and English as my alternate. Now I want to go with English however. I read that after the admission decision is reached then you can apply to have your major switched, but that sometimes majors will be full. What are the chances I will be able to switch? Does it help since I put it as my alternate, could I possibly switch it now? Is English usually full?|||It depends on your university, but classes are often booked pretty much on number of admissions . You can change majors but can you get into the classes of your choice?


The universities set class size, number of faculty hires, etc etc.





My answer is :


%26quot;Not right away%26quot;. But keep on talking to registration, as there should be several hundred students also wanting to change majors.|||Should be a piece of cake. Your%26#039;e the customer!|||English as a major is usually full, but most of the times it isn%26#039;t. Just talk to a counsler, usually journalism and english are usually in the same school ( but in your case its not). You might have to maintain a certain GPA to apply for the school next semester.|||dont%26#039; worry about it. Most people change their major at least once, usually more than once.


Just wait until you%26#039;ve started school and talk to your adviser about it. You really shouldn%26#039;t be locked into a major until your sophomore year anyway - and even then its possible to change it.