Saturday 4 June 2011

How do you choose your major? How should I choose my major?

Would you choose it as your major when you had ever got a C or a D in a course of it regardless you have ever gotten an A in a course from it?


If I have many interests, how should I choice my major? And how can I concentrate on studying one major when I have many interests in many academic fields? I know there are many tests to help pick a major. What tests are more effective and that I can learn more about the careers, know about what they are about, I can%26#039;t experience in now?|||I know what you are dealing with. Those tests do give you an idea of what you are most capable of such as an artistic approach vs. a technical approach. Possibly even a mixture of the two. I found that I was technically minded so I looked through a list of professions and what education level they required. I chose aerospace engineering because of the education required and the cross-platform of disciplines thinking it would be a well-rounded knowledge bank. This helped me but what I did not do, is seek out those in that field quizzing them on what they do each day and how much time they devote to his/her job. You also cannot always trust employment demand statistics since jobs that fall under the same category can be vastly different. My biggest suggestion is to quiz people that have worked in the fields you are investigating. Choose people with 10 plus years experience as well as those with less years under his/her belt since times always change and so do the daily tasks of titled positions. Bottom line is do not base your decisions on statistics and articles describing majors alone. You need to talk to real people.|||You do not have some thing you have a passion for?





I always wanted to be an engineer. My daughter took a dual major of economics and political science as she wanted to be able to see the big picture about how the world worked before specializing in grad school. She just loves transportation, specially trains, and is now in grad school taking Transportation Management.





There has to be something that really interests you. That you would love to have a career doing. Because if you are not really interested in something, you will not do well in what you take.